PHP Zend framework is one of the widely use framework today and of course for the correct reasons. It is simple, secured and an open source web development platform. It has been successfully used for building scalable, high performance, and qualitative web applications.? Advantages of using Zend Framework for PHP Web Development
- Rapid web development
- Object oriented programming
- Lower maintenance cost
- Scalable over a period and many more
Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails (RoR) is a framework that has been used for developing application quickly. It is said that developing applications is quickest on RoR.?
Rails involves advanced application development like
- COC (convention over configuration)
- DRY (Do not repeat yourself)
- Agile development methodology
Web application development done in Ruby on Rails is quicker as it uses lesser code and comes with the advantage of reusing the code in the development process.
Cake PHP, just like the other frameworks is free, open source and helps in rapid application development. It helps the developer work in a structured and quick way without losing any of the flexibility. Cake PHP also has an active development community that allows for new feature and improved features constantly.
Some of the features of Cake PHP are:
- Active, friendly community
- Compatible with latest versions of PHP
- Code generation
- Built-in validation
- Fast and flexible templating (PHP syntax, with helpers)
Like its competitors mentioned above, CodeIgniter is also an effective framework to develop applications in a structured and quick way. The benefit in CodeIgniter is that it is easier to learn for the developers and has many libraries which can be used and re-used in the current or other projects.
Advantages of CodeIgniter:
- User Guide -It has a very impressive user guide.
- Simplicity -CodeIgniter is simple to use and a large portion of the work gets accomplished in the controllers and uploading the libraries.
- Model Handling- Standard SQL queries can be simulated using few simple commands.
- Data Validation - A validation class is used to validate data. The data that is sent through the URL is automatically validated by the validation object.